Terms And Conditions
- In these Terms & Conditions, except where the context otherwise requires:
a. “Institution”, “PPLC”, “we”, “us” or “our” means Passe Partout Learning Centre and its affiliates;
b. “Client”, “you”, or “your” means the individual(s) who has accepted or proposes to accept products or services by PPLC;
d. “Class” or “Classes” whether or not such term has been capitalised, mean all classes, courses, workshops and programmes and conducted by PPLC and/or its Staff for the Student;
e. “Infectious Disease” means the definition assigned to it under the Infectious Disease Act (Chapter 137) of Singapore;
f. “Parents” mean the parents of the Student and any person or guardian who has or has accepted parental or legal responsibility for the Student. Parents are responsible, individually and jointly, for complying with their obligations under these Terms and Conditions;
g. “Personal Data” means the definition assigned to it under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012, and shall include any data about you, the Parents or Student, who can be identified from that data and/or other information to which PPLC has or is likely to have access to.
h. “Services” means the classes, courses, workshops and programmes developed, offered and conducted by PPLC and/or its Staff for the Student under the Contract;
i. “Staff” means any officer, teacher (whether permanent or temporary), employee, agent, service provider, representative or contractor of PPLC, whether located in Singapore or outside of Singapore;
j. “Student” means the individual(s) who is the recipient of Services provided by PPLC;
k. “Semester” means each period of the academic year during which PPLC regularly conducts classes;
l. “Terms & Conditions” mean the terms and conditions contained herein and applicable to the provision of all Services;
- These Terms & Conditions apply to the provision of all Services by PPLC to the Student upon the engagement of the Client, and are to be complied with by the Client, Parents and Student at all times and are deemed incorporated in the engagement of PPLC and the provision of the Services. PPLC may revise these Terms & Conditions and the Client, Parent and Student shall continue to be subject to such Terms & Conditions as amended, modified and/or substituted by PPLC from time to time and published on PPLC’s website at www.passepartoutlearningcentre.sg. The utilisation and continued utilisation (upon an amendment, modification and/or substitution of the Terms & Conditions) of the Services by the Student shall be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the Client, Parents and Student whether or not the Terms & Conditions (and any subsequent amendment, modification and/or substitution) are signed and returned to PPLC by the Client.
- The headings in these Terms & Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation hereof.
TUITION FEES AND DEPOSIT
3. A one-time refundable registration fee of $30 is applicable to new students who sign up with our regular classes. This registration fee will be refunded after the student has completed 12 lessons.
4. A deposit of 4 lessons for each subject is payable at the time of signup, in addition to the first month’s fee.
5. All fees has to be paid in full at least one week before the commencement of the first lesson for the next month. Tuition fees paid and deposits made are strictly non-refundable and non-transferrable. Please note that a late fee of $30 will be imposed if tuition fee payment is not settled by the due date as reflected in the invoice. In the event that the fee is not paid within 7 days after the payment due date, it will be deemed that the student has decided to withdraw from the Centre and will serve the notice period as stated in item 2. A Letter of Termination will be issued by the Centre under such circumstances.
6. Slots for classes are allocated on first come first serve basis. The seats for the class will only be reserved for students who have completed all the necessary fee payment and documents submission.
7. In cases whereby there are 5 weeks in a month, the fees will be prorated accordingly and will be made known to you before the start of each month. For example, 4 lessons cost $160, 5 lessons will then cost $200.
8. If your child were to enrol into a class during the middle of a term, fees will be collected on a prorated basis on the remaining lessons for the month.
9. Only student who has attended more than 12 lessons at our Centre, will be entitled to 2 make-up lessons per subject per semester. There will be no extra make-up lesson should the student miss lesson for the third and subsequent time during the semester. Make-up lessons are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Make-up entitlement are renewed every semester. Students may join other classes within the week but subjected to availability. Otherwise, all make-up lessons will be held during school holiday (March or June for Semester 1; September or December for Semester 2).
10. There will not be any make-up for lessons missed during the first 12 lessons with our Centre.
11. In the event when the lesson is cancelled by our Centre, we will arrange for a make-up lesson. If a make-up lesson could not be arranged, refunds will be made to the parent.
12. If student failed to attend the arranged make-up lesson without 3 days prior notice, the make-up lesson shall be considered forfeited.
13. All outstanding make-up lessons shall be claimed within the notice period in the event of withdrawal. Any unclaimed make-up due to whatsoever reasons is considered forfeited.
14. For students serving notice, there will not be make up for lesson/lessons missed during this period.
15. Semester Schedule for the following year will be planned and announced before end of current semester. Our optimised lesson plan has been incorporated to the Semester Schedule to ensure students learn under a well-timed programme. In general, our non-graduating students will have 44 weeks of lessons with 8 weeks of semester break; whereas for graduating students, the lesson schedule will be customised accordingly.
16. There shall be NO PRO-RATE OF FEES for classes missed regardless of any reasons.
17. There shall be NO TOPPING UP OF CLASS TIME for Students who arrived late for class.
18. The institution reserves the right to amend the Student’s class size, class tutor and composition and the date and timing of class.
19. The Student shall adhere to the Code of Conductas set out in each paragraph of the Schedule to the best of his/her abilities at all times. If the student is in breach of the terms under the Schedule, the Institution is entitled to enforce disciplinary action against the student.
20. The Institution shall use its best reasonable efforts to help the Student meet the Student’s academic objectives. However, the Institution does not guarantee any improvement in the Student’s academic performance.
21. The Institution shall not be liable for any physical injury or harm suffered by the Student due to the Student’s negligence while present in the premises of the Institution.
22. The Institution is entitled to use the Student’s achievements for its newsletter or marketing materials.
23. PPLC reserves the right to do any or all of the following, in its sole discretion, as it may from time to time deem necessary:
a. make all changes to the conduct of classes, including but not limited to, transferring, combining, dividing or dissolving a class, changing the teachers or specialist trainers, rescheduling classes, and varying the manner in which classes are conducted, such variation to include the conducting of classes online ,
b. refuse entry to the Student if the Student is deemed to be unwell, or if PPLC has reason to believe that the Student has been in contact with or has been exposed to another Student or person who is harbouring or is likely to or is suspected to harbour the agents of an Infectious Disease; and
c. amend or vary the venues and contents of the classes, according to programme priorities and student needs. PPLC may at its discretion, where feasible, give written notice to the Client, Parent and/or Student prior to effecting or carrying out any of the above changes.
24. You shall be deemed to have given consent for us to collect the personal data contained within this Agreement. In the course of your enrolment, we generally will not collect your personal data unless
a. It is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or your representative, and;
b. You or your representative have been notified of the purposes for which the data was collected
25. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
a. Performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of goods and/or services requested by you;
b. Verifying your identity;
c. Responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
d. Managing your relationship with us;
e. Processing payment or credit transactions;
f. Sending you marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, memberships and rewards schemes and other promotions;
g. Complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
h. Any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
i. Transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes;
j. The creation and publishing of marketing or other promotional materials; and
k. Any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
26. We may disclose your personal data:
a. Where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of goods or services requested by you; or
b. To third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in Clause 24 and 25 for us.
27. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
28. This Contract may be terminated at any time by mutual agreement
29. The Student may validly terminate this Agreement giving one (1) months’ noticeand one (1) month’s tuition fees in lieu of written notice.
30. PPLC reserves the right to transfer, suspend and/or terminate the Student with immediate effect from or to any or all classes in the event that the Client, Parents and/or Student breaches any provisions of the Contract, or PPLC deems, in its sole discretion, that the Client, Parents and/or Student demonstrates behaviour that is detrimental to the welfare or safety of the Staff or other parents and students of PPLC, or prejudicial to good order or the reputation of PPLC, or for any other reason that PPLC deems fit and proper in its absolute discretion. In the event that the Student is terminated from PPLC pursuant to this clause, PPLC will not be under any obligation to return any deposit or fees paid to PPLC. Without prejudice to the generality of this clause, examples of when PPLC may exercise its right include (but is not limited to) cases where the Client, Parents and/or Student:
a. cause or threaten to cause physical injury to other parents, students and/or Staff for any reason;
b. use threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour towards other parents, students and/or Staff;
c. harass, cause alarm or distress to other parents, students and/or Staff;
d. fail to comply with any policy, guidelines, code of conduct, regulation, notice, direction or instruction given by PPLC or any Staff in relation to the conduct of classes or the use of PPLC’s premises or items or any matter relating to the provision of the Services;
e. persistently behave in a manner that is disruptive and prevents the continuation of classes or the provision of the Services;
f. use, disclose or disseminate any of PPLC’s copyright material without obtaining PPLC’s written consent; or
g. do not pay any fees payable to PPLC and which are outstanding and remain unpaid past 7 days after due date indicated on invoice.
31. Should any investigations be deemed by PPLC (in its sole discretion) to be necessary or appropriate, the Student may be transferred, suspended or terminated from any or all classes pending such investigation.
32. If any clause of this Agreement is not valid for any reason under the law of Singapore, this will not affect any other clause of this Agreement.
33. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Singapore and the parties hereby irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
34. All disputes, controversies or differences arising out of or in connection with this contract, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be first referred to mediation in Singapore in accordance with the Mediation Rules of the Singapore International Mediation Centre for the time being in force.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND NON-RELIANCE
35. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the transactions contemplated in this Agreement and supersedes all prior oral and written agreements, memoranda, understandings and undertakings between the parties relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
36. The Student and/or Parent/Legal Guardian acknowledges that it has not been induced to enter into this Agreement by any representation, warranty or undertaking nor expressly incorporated into this Agreement.
37. PPLC Tuition reserves all rights to make changes to any of its Terms and Conditions, and may, at its discretion, amend timings, availability, venues, content and specialist trainers according to programme priorities and client’s needs.
Types of Information Collected and Used
PPLC collects Personal Data so that we can provide an experience that is responsive and customised to your needs.
Examples of Personal Data we collect include:
- Personal information about you and your family members, which may include names, identification particulars, contact details, preferences, health information, family background, educational information, demographic data, payment details and transaction history;
- Information and data generated in the course of any continual relationship with PPLC, for example, instructions given by you to arrange class enrolments, transfers, replacements, withdrawals, and other information and records you choose to provide by various modes of communication including mail, telephone, SMS, fax, email, internet and market research;
- Information from cookies, other technologies deployed for the analysis of website usage or other information technology applications used by PPLC;
PPLC may also collect video footage, still images, or audio recordings of you (“Audio Visual Material”) recorded in the course of any classes, programmes or lessons conducted, or other services rendered by a PPLC Entity, its staff or contractors. The Audio Visual Material form part of the Personal Data collected by PPLC.
How we collect Information
PPLC collects Personal Data from you, your family members, your authorised representatives, publicly available sources, our website, mobile or online services and other channels including emails, phone conversations and face-to-face interactions with our employees, officers and directors.
Purposes for which Information is Collected, Used and Disclosed
The purposes (collectively referred to as “Allowed Purposes”) for which PPLC collects, uses and discloses Personal Data include:
- To provide, operate and administer PPLC products and services, or to process applications for PPLC products and services, business or financial transactions, and to maintain service quality levels and train staff;
- To facilitate and administer the Services enrolled by you, including but not limited to providing you with learning or educational material;
- To provide product-related services and support, including the provision of administrative support, technical assistance and customer alerts;
- To facilitate operational processes including but not limited to student profile assessments, class and student management, payment administration and statistical analysis;
- To maintain accurate client information and enable customised experiences that meet your preferences and needs;
- To manage PPLC’s relationship with you, which may include providing information on PPLC’s products and services, where specifically consented to or where permissible under applicable laws and regulations;
- Sending you marketing information about our services, including but not limited to cross-marketing between PPLC Entities and notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions;
- For use in promotional and marketing material distributed by PPLC whether online or offline, including but not limited to posts on social media, print or electronic copies of newsletters and brochures, promotional video advertisements and print advertisements;
- To facilitate product development and service refinements via customer feedback, data analysis and market research;
- To perform internal management, to operate management information systems, to carry out and enable internal and external audits;
- To monitor and record calls and electronic communications with clients for record-keeping, quality control, training and case investigations;
- To enforce or defend the rights of PPLC, its employees, officers and directors;
- To comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- For safety, legal and regulatory compliance; and
- Any other incidental business purpose related to or in connection with the above.
PPLC may disclose Personal Data for any of the Allowed Purposes to:
- Professional advisors, third party service providers, agents or contractors engaged to perform any of the above listed purposes for PPLC or any PPLC Entity under a duty of confidentiality;
- Any person or entity which is part of PPLC although only to the extent necessary to fulfil the Allowed Purpose;
- Any person to whom disclosure is required under applicable laws or regulations;
- Any court, tribunal, regulator, or other authority to whom disclosure is necessary under applicable laws or regulations.
If PPLC needs to use your Personal Data for any other purposes, we will notify you and obtain your consent beforehand. You will be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal data for these other purposes.
Transfer of Information
Personal Data may be transmitted by PPLC or a PPLC Entity to data storage facilities or third party service providers outside Singapore. Regardless of the location where Personal Data is transferred or stored, PPLC or the relevant PPLC Entity will make reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks to your Personal Data. Please note, however, that we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure that is beyond our control.
Retention of Information
We retain Personal Data in accordance with legal, regulatory, business and operational obligations.
Right of Access
You have the right to request a copy of your Personal Data held by us and to request for any inaccurate Personal Data to be rectified. A request can be submitted in writing, by mail or email (details in the “Contact Us” section).
Please note that we may be prevented by law from complying with any request that you may make. We may also decline any request that you may make if the law permits us to do so.
PPLC reserves the right to charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Data. If a fee is to be charged, we will inform you of the amount beforehand and respond to your request after payment is received.
1. PPLC’s website collects “cookies” to enhance your experience while browsing the website. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your browser to store and track information about your use of our website such as the frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred sites. While this cookie can tell us when you enter our sites and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.
a. To build up a profile of how you and other users use our websites and/or other third party websites;
b. To establish usage statistics;
c. To analyse your access to the website in order to improve operability or to identify the cause of problems on PPLC website;
d. Measure and research the effectiveness of our interactive online content, features, advertisements, and other communications;
e. Make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
3. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
4. Advertisements on our websites may be provided by third party advertisers and their agencies. These may generate cookies to track how many people have seen a particular advertisement (or use the services of third parties to view a particular advertisement), and to track how many people have seen it more than once.
5. Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may or may not have their own have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
This Policy applies to all Personal Data that you may provide to us and the Personal Data we hold about you. By providing us with your Personal Data or by accessing, using or viewing the applicable website or any of its services, functions or contents (including transmitting, caching or storing of any such Personal Data), you shall be deemed to have agreed to each and all the terms, conditions, and notices in this Policy.
You may submit a request to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us in writing, via mail or email.
Do note, in many circumstances, we need to use your Personal Data in order for us to provide you with products or services which you require or have requested. If you do not provide us with the required Personal Data, or if you do not accept this Policy (or any amendments thereto) or withdraw your consent to our use and/or disclosure of your personal data for these purposes, it may not be possible for us to continue to serve you or provide you with the products and services that you require or have requested.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable in any event for any special, exemplary, punitive, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind or for any loss of reputation or goodwill, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, strict liability, statute or otherwise, suffered as a result of unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure of your personal data.
This Policy is governed by the laws of Singapore. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore in any dispute relating to this Policy.
Personal Data Protection Officer
Passe Partout Learning Centre
Blk 211 Choa Chu Kang Ctrl
#B1-120 Singapore 680211